A Self Portrait...

14 January 2015

Words

Is the title of a song by the Bee Gees which as you will all know is about love and how very much words can mean to one person when they mean less than nothing to another.
As we all also know some bloggers are dyed in the wool, dogmatic, unrepentant pedants: every word has to be correctly spelled and placed and of course grammar and punctuation have to be correct to the nearest comma.
I’m not like that. I don’t like that. I actively dislike that. I think all pedants should be put against a wall given a blunt pencil and told to carve a thousand times “I will use my brain and my instinct and not my English lesson when I write”.
I read the other day a blog whining about words being used in the wrong context, exactly what context would that be, theirs or mine?
I like words I like to occasionally use different words in different ways so its more than likely that if you read this blog you will from time to time and weather permitting find words that may or may not be put in the wrong place. You may find without too much trouble at all that I’ve put a sentence or well known phrase back to front.
When you find something like that instead of thinking the stupid bitch doesn’t know any better try thinking she’s playing silly buggers again!
I’m as capable of doing grammar and spell check as anyone I’ve even been known to look in a thesaurus before now. I like to write I like the way I write and I write for me not you. Oh, nearly forgot its always a good idea to look out for cliches in anything I write I like those too…
Every word in everything I write is there because I want it to be, if it appears out of place to you try using your imagination words are the stuff of everyday without words we’d all have to rely on clubs and no doubt all clubs would very quickly be. checked for size, shape and divided into what they mean and to what use they may be put.
I could give a shit a club over the head tells the one on the receiving end he’d better think again.
Thought I’d add the song not a favourite of mine but if I don’t like the Bee Gees I do respect their talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment