A Self Portrait...

26 January 2015

Waxing Hysterical



I've run out of cigarettes and this is important because there is a mouse in the kitchen. I strolled into the kitchen intending to get dinner for the famished five and there he was sitting just inside the door. At first I thought he was dead so still was he then I noticed a twitch and got hysterical.

I grabbed a paper towel and tried to pick him up but the fat mouse,  he was very well built for a mouse, legged it before I could get a grip.

I have three dogs and two cats and there is a mouse in the kitchen. I have heard that one way to make lazy cats and dogs do their job is to stop feeding them until they hunt the invader down: they're not getting dinner tonight.

Pippa has taken umbrage at the bad news and is leaping everywhere except the kitchen. Trixie is being her usual couldn't care less self but she will be hungry before the others, having said that she is also fatter than the others.

Ollie, Jezzie and the baby have gone to sleep they too are fat and lazy. There is a mouse in the kitchen.

And I've run out of cigarettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment