A Self Portrait...

04 January 2015

A New Me A New You

I read that on a blog. Its good it struck me and in a way I agreed with it, every new year is an opportunity to start again but none of us can do that if we don't resolve the past. It applies in every part of our lives we can't leave a job without giving notice and we can't realistically start a new job if we don't have decent references from our previous employers.

A new year is a beacon of hope, every year on the first of January millions of us resolve to do this or stop doing that. It doesn't last long some are forgotten within a few days, maybe most last until the end of January but that's it all over the world our new years resolutions are not dismissed or neglected but taken over by what for most of us is the real world.

The new year means nothing if there is too much baggage connected to the old, we can't leave debt, home, family and we can't leave jobs unless or until we have a new position waiting and agreed for us. We can't however much we may want to disappear away from the grimy, fetid sunset of the last year unless we have the means to start the new year fresh.

Life rarely offers new opportunities most of us are so busy dealing with the muck and grime of everyday that on the rare occasions that life offers change very few of us notice we remain stuck in our familiar groove and maybe most of us are happy to be there.

How many of us really want or look forward to the unknown? Not me. I want to return to the area and people I grew up with and I think its the same with many people a new life only really works if we take our old life with us.

This past year and more has been a draining, wearing time for me but I won't can't leave the cause of it until it is resolved its impossible and that is true for so many people its really disheartening. So I will be keeping my new years resolution that one way or another real resolution will be found by me in 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment