A Self Portrait...

01 December 2013

Sunday

So I was going out to lunch the usual thing meet a couple of relatives eat have a drink and come home.  All done in a couple of hours and for about twenty euros.  Its not bad it gets me out timing is flexible and the chatter always cheerful.  It gets on my nerves.

However. I'm not going today. Today I have potatoes, they've got to be cooked. I'll probably be cooking them for months and yes I have considered boiled, baked and mashed, and no that will not do the trick which is to get rid of the potatoes as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Anyway potatoes are not the only thing on my mind; there is cat litter. I'm developing a bit of a thing about cat litter. Herself is very clean. I mean that the beautiful old girl is very clean. She also flatly refuses to go out in the nasty cold, damp, misty weather. Cat litter is not something I have needed to consider in any way for a long time. A very long time.

Its in the bathroom.  Its my fault I do know that. I bought what I consider to be the wrong stuff.  On the packet it said clumping cat litter. I envisioned nice tidy little clumps. I did not consider for one second gray, ugly mud which leaves paw prints. I bought two bags of the stuff. I will not be buying it again and the second bag will go in the shed for posterity to decide what to do with it. Hopefully a rat will find it and choke.

In the meantime I have decided that dinner tonight will be cheese and potato bake. I can't decide if I'm going to put anything else in it. Onion of course but sauce?  Maybe not. I'm not in the mood for sauce. I'm not in the mood for potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment