A Self Portrait...

16 December 2013

Today

I think the lasagna was overcooked.  Not I think everyone would agree burned to a crisp but perhaps not far off that either, deeply singed might be an accurate way of describing it.  Not a dismal failure then but not a roaring success. I was busy doing stuff and I forgot or didn't notice the time rushing away from me.  I've noticed time does that a lot now that I'm post most things.

However!  The good news is I have discovered Jezzie and Olly love slightly burned lasagna. Both of them whomped down the top layer and are at the kitchen door trying their best to look half starved.  This is not easy both of them being on what might be called the plump side.

If you ignore the slightly overcooked thing the lasagna was actually very good. I like lasagna and this time even though I must be one of the messiest cooks in the whole world I remembered to do the washing up as I went along, almost all of it is done now and there is nothing better than eating a meal with a clean conscious.

I might walk the dogs if I can drag them away from the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment