A Self Portrait...

24 December 2013

Lucky Us

Most pagans celebrate twice we get Yule and then Christmas, some may ignore Christmas but I really doubt that many can or would.  We have families who though they may not go to church very often do sometimes go to midnight mass and always insist that they are Christian. In their minds organised religion doesn't give Christianity to anyone it merely offers Christians a home should they wish to go to a church.

I don't care much I celebrate with family and friends the same as the vast majority. I will in fact be going out soon, just up the road for a festive drink, being sociable and not rejecting the good wishes of those who live near me.

I celebrated Yule but this year not with so much as a friend in sight. I didn't feel like it I still don't but its Christmas and so I must make a small effort. Sometimes it seems Christmas reaches out while Yule reaches in.

No comments:

Post a Comment