A Self Portrait...

25 December 2013

Bloated!

I feel like a beached whale or how I'm pretty sure a beached whale would feel if s/he could tell us. Its not as though I didn't know what we were going to eat, over the last few days I helped to buy and prepare most of it.

I'm exhausted, that's not so bad if I could sit here and gently ooze into the armchair it would be fine,almost fine. I have indigestion pills, tea and coffee and currently hiccups, they're not the problem though. The problem is four of the five animals are demanding food preferably turkey. The fifth, herself, is not she has taken to her nest by the radiator because in a weak moment and while the others were in the garden I gave her some of the turkey I brought home with me.

In a minute or two I will have to try getting up and staggering into the kitchen to feed the hungry hordes. I'm trying not to feel queasy while I think about that. I'm trying not to think about doing the same thing tomorrow. I may rat on tomorrow. Food is not on my horizon, cold non alcoholic drinks are on the horizon and Pippa has given up on courtesy its not like she was ever any good at it, and is trying to get my attention by climbing up my back.

I've done it, well for the time being it is done. The time being may not be as long as once it was or deserves to be. All four of them know they have not had much in the way of turkey and are already demanding seconds, even herself turned up to peer disdainfully at the offering and turn her still haughty back on it.

Its, I just don't feel like cutting turkey. I think that's allowed its not even nine o'clock! Nine of the clock is not supper time. I'm going to try ignoring them see if it works.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment