A Self Portrait...

22 December 2013

Herself (Again)

She has not had her breakfast. She has not had her lunch. She is lying sound asleep cuddling her radiator.  I think she is alright she has woken a couple of times wriggled a bit to get more comfortable she even washed her whiskers once but she has not got up all day.  Its almost 2pm and she is lying there looking quite comfortable, looking in fact sound asleep.

I know all of this because after about 10 am I began paying attention to her. All the others had eaten breakfast at about 9am, it is Sunday, she is usually first to be fed but she didn't appear. I wasn't worried she's an elderly lady if she wants to lie in who is going to say she can't?

I'm not worried about her I'm just saying she is asleep.

If she's not awake by tea time I will wake her myself. I'm not going out who could eat when an elderly lady is sound asleep.

Did I forgot to mention I always give her the softest, jellyest, gravyest part of the meat? I do.  The fuss she makes over anything that needs to be chewed is painful to hear and  embarrassing to watch.  She is asleep but she did turn over a few minutes ago. I'm not worried about her. Not a bit.

Its gone three.  She looks comfortable in her little nest. I had to introduce another radiator when the others took too great an interest in the old one now we have two electric rads to compliment the gas central heating. She is now nestled between a dresser and the new (ish) radiator. In there she is her own cat it has only one entrance the others can't get close. What can I say. I'm not worried. This is a first but I'm not worried.

She wakes!  15.45 we are going into the kitchen now to prepare her belated breakfast. She's not going out. She thinks she is but its cold out there and I'm not sure that if she left the garden she would remember her way home, and its almost twilight.

The light over the ring forte is always lighter at this time of day. From here it looks like another world and over there the day is just beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment