A Self Portrait...

12 December 2013

Herself and Jezzie

Herself has a poorly paw. I think its something to do with claws or one of her claws.  This particular claw has taken to getting stuck in things like the carpets, cushions and, me.  I've done my bit. I've extracted the claw with zero pain from said carpets, cushions and, me.  Speaking of me I wouldn't say the extraction was entirely pain free herself was fine I however felt some pain.

She is limping slightly I'm not sure why because apart from getting attached to things she doesn't want to be attached to there appears to be no pain in the paw or leg.  I had an amateurish poke and prod and since I emerged unscathed from this close encounter I am assuming poking and prodding doesn't hurt herself not being the suffer in silence type. I do totally understand this no one who knows me would describe me as the suffer in silence type either.

One who is suffering in silence to great effect is Jezzie.  Jezzie has a new harness.  This is her first harness. I think all dogs should be in a harness when outside. A harness gives more control, cannot be shaken off and doesn't choke the wearer.  A harness does apparently take some getting used to.  Jezzie has been suffering in silence all day.  The silence is deafening. Its getting on my nerves.

I had I must admit allowed the little girl to get away with wearing her collar but I don't like collars and nor does she, she's on her fourth.  I decided that little girl or not she is a trouble making bully who has no trouble crawling under or over any obstacle.  This has the unusual effect of simultaneously irritating and worrying me. She will not be losing her collar and running off to flirt with the boys, they always get the blame, again. Or not unless/until she finds a way to lose the harness.

Jezzie is lying at my feet  shivering.  She could be lying near one of the radiators the central heating is on and herselfs electric radiator is on its never switched off.  Or Jezzie could if she chose lie on one of the cushions and she has been known to sprawl in a very unfeminine fashion all over the spare bed.  For such a little dog its amazing how much room she can take up.  Its also quite surprising to find that a small dog lying shivering at your feet can be distracting is I think the right word.

I'm not weakening she is wearing the damn harness until she decides its her friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment