A Self Portrait...

25 November 2013

It Needs to be Said

I've been reading a blog for several weeks, it feels like longer, written by a left winger who is so disgusted with British politics that he threatens to up sticks and go live in some left wing European utopia the rest of us have yet to discover.

I think I know this person quite well, not through his blog I don't think that shows the real him at all, but through some of his pseudonyms.  He and I have met before. He is not a friend.

Currently he is writing about a poor downtrodden member of the blogosphere who, no coincidence here, is a friend of his. As a friend of his this person is being given stalwart support and fulsome praise its all rather touching or it would be if I didn't know the blogger and I'm pretty sure I do.

I'm also a member of the blogosphere but I'm at the extreme end of those who write because we like to and my blog when it started was meant to be nothing more exciting than a small record of my life in retirement, obviously the blog would touch upon other subjects as they occurred and interested me.

Oh boy, little did I know when I began how precious, arrogant and pompous are some members of the blogosphere.  This post is about a particularly arrogant and aggressive member.  I've never known him waste courtesy on anyone nor have I ever heard him give way to any view that disagreed with his.

The main reason people write blogs is because they can't get full time jobs as journalists and their dream of writing a book may become a reality but their dream of anyone buying a copy probably will not.  I write because I enjoy it. I don't often do it properly I could spend a few extra minutes checking grammar, spelling, punctuation etc but where's the fun in that?

Pompous people irritate me he is one of them  

No comments:

Post a Comment