A Self Portrait...

28 June 2013

Ursula

Sometime after I was mugged  I was walking past a jobcentre near my home.  I had never been into a jobcentre, never even stopped to look at a window of one.  This time for no particular reason I did.  I saw an ad, walked in and went straight up to a woman at a desk.  She was not the only one there she was not the only one free to talk.

I explained I had seen an ad in the window, she looked for it and then found another nearby.   She looked at that one, looked at me and said.  "I have an instinct about these things".   She made an appointment for me and that very day off I went to my first ever local job interview.   I had never worked locally before either.

I got the job and the very first day the owners father said to me "Are you going to cast a spell on us?"   I stared at him, what on earth!   He showed me a magazine and in it was an article about a Witch who had been hung in 1582.

That job was the best one I ever had, my life changed.  I kept my home which had been in danger of repossession and moved swiftly onward and upward.  Tax my eldest cat and a book case are all I have left of that job I cherish them both.

When I left I introduced a relative to my job there and the same happened.  

I've never checked if the murdered Witch was an ancestor of mine.  The names the same, the area is where we come from.   Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment