A Self Portrait...

23 June 2013

Nagging

I'm going out soon but this time I can't just shut down and walk away, there's something that's been bothering me for a while its reflected in some of the posts here.   I'm discovering its not enough to vent a little I want the thing said and done.

There is no way to be sure of where or even when the Craft started, possibly it began when people realised they could help someone who had been injured hunting, and that thought leads inevitably to the thought that someone would have been better at helping than others.  Someone would have noticed a particular berry, leaf or root made people sick, they would also have noticed that others made people who were sick better.

The knowledge would have been valuable it would set the holder apart and above the rest and so, perhaps, the Craft began.   What we know for sure is that it predates Grecian, Roman or any other ideology.   It also bears strong resemblance to what was practiced in every other country.   The Craft predates hieroglyphs and writing wasn't even a gleam in the tribal eye.   All the Gods, and most deities etc are the result of folktales in almost every country.  From cave drawings upward, the existence of Gods and most deities is both unproven and unprovable.

For me the Deities are Earth, Water, Wind and Fire in whichever order you please.   The Goddess is represented by the Moon, God by the Sun.  The power to deal with them is within not without.   If it helps some to call upon a Goddess or God that is up to them the God and Goddess will answer or not regardless of what name they are called.

I dislike intensely the continual spinning a line that I've seen in so many places, what's wrong  could it be the less Gods/Goddesses there are the less saleable Paganism is?

I've seen begging!   And hate is too small a word to describe what I feel...


No comments:

Post a Comment