A Self Portrait...

28 June 2013

Direct Debit Electric

So its been a frustrating kind of a day so far.  It began in a less than auspicious way.  I remembered I hadn't rung the electricity people.  Its about the time of year when I like to do that because although the bitter sting of winter has gone the previous quarter will have seen some cold nights made bearable by the warmth of some radiators so whilst this bill is not the most serious it is perhaps the most underestimated.

Anyway I remembered I hadn't rung them to delay the payment.  I like to extend the period over three months if I can it just makes me feel better d'ye see.   Its my little rebellion and who can afford a big rebellion its the electric!  I rang them and after a wait of no more than about ten minutes I got through to someone and do you know what he said?   HE SAID THEY HAD ALREADY TAKEN MY PAYMENT!   The bastards had put the direct debit through early!

I call that bad form, it feels like robbery.  Alright the money was there but its my money!   Its almost like being robbed.   Obviously I will remember this when next I burn an offering the invoice will be among the cinders scattered to the winds....I feel abused, denied my little yearly rebellion.   I don't wanna hear that its my own fault these tacks on the sole of my skip through life are always my fault.  It doesn't make me feel better to know that.

---

Mind I did see something that made me laugh a lot.  Nothing to do with this post but shades of my youth bigods!  So funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment