A Self Portrait...

10 June 2013

Stiletto

I was reminded of an incident way back when I was very young, couldn't have been more than about fourteen.  Average I think would probably describe me then, very shy, slightly taller maybe, curlier hair, slim figure  but average.  One thing might have made me a bit different I had a temper I still do.

I can't remember how it happened one moment I'd swear we were walking the next I had my shoe in my hand and I smacked him on the head with the stiletto heel.  I cut his head I remember that.  Nasty little creep his name was Jimmy I remember that too.

I also remember his mother turned up to complain to my mother, can you believe that!  But she did, luckily and unusually, in those days parents always sided with each other,  this time my  mum wasn't interested.   I was barely a teenager she'd prefer it if I never went out but if I did I had strict instructions not to let a male get anywhere near me.

She gave Jimmys mum very short shrift but as soon as they'd gone she had a right go at me and I was stuck in doors for days.

Funny how things slip your mind only to spring right back as though let off a leash.  The days of my youth -  A true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment