A Self Portrait...

19 January 2014

I Have to Say

I was absolutely astonished. It should have been the quietest lunch I had prepared two and shared them almost equally, they would be I thought happily engrossed in pulling them apart for hours and yet I could hear him growling. Its always him Jezzie is always too busy chewing. I walked into the room and there was the funniest picture!

Herself oblivious to all threats was under his chin trying to get his bone from him. My poor Olly was in a dilemma the rule is very clear: herself does what she likes and everyone else lets her. The only thing is when the rule was drawn up it never occurred to me that bones would be a problem and yet here was her twenty year old self trying to get Ollys bone. It was clearly a delicate situation.

I picked her up and carried her out of the fray and into the kitchen scolding all the way. Not that she paid any attention she had caught a whiff of a long forgotten scent and was, graciously allowing me to carry her, hot on the trail. We got into the kitchen which as herself well knows is whence all food emanates and she immediately started snuffing around looking for the source.

I gave in. I opened the oven door took the lamb out and started cutting some herself size pieces out of it. This was the cue for the other two to appear. I gave in. There's really not much left which is not a bad thing. I'm not hungry and I can't stand the fuss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment