A Self Portrait...

11 November 2016

LEONARD COHEN 21/09/34 – 10/11/16

A great and very talented man has left us. Leonard Cohen has been a not always comfortable part of my life since about 1967, that’s when he had his first hit record but he had been on the edge of greatness for a time before that and I honestly can’t remember if I knew of him before his hit song or not.
What that means is Leonard Cohen has almost always been a part of my life starting in my teens and like a rock of sanctuary staying ever since.
I will miss him.
You know part of me will be glad when 2016 is whistled and yelled into the history books for 2016 is the year we all lost too many of the great and wonderful talents and I don’t know if we have the talent left to replace originality or if we are become too small and mean to even see it might be possible..
RIP Leonard Cohen I wish you could have stayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment