A Self Portrait...

27 March 2015

Jeremy Clarkson


Jeremy Clarkson
Has gorn. The BBC sacked him after he was involved in what everyone describes as a fracas with young (ish) producer Oisin Tymon below.
oisin tymon
OK he did it. Guilty as charged, after what is said to have been a lengthy tirade Clarkson smacked Tymon. Tymon didn't feel he could say “fuck off” and walk away before he got hit? Clarkson succumbed to his very unattractive downright primitive side and of course to the alcohol he had spent the evening consuming and smacked Tymon in the mouth. Oh dear. How sad. Give me a fucking break. If a thirty something healthy male can’t at least run away from a fight with a fifty something drunk male you have to ask yourself what is the problem?
The two men were not in an office where such an occurrence would mean instant and well deserved dismissal, they were on location where drink was drunk in large amounts by Clarkson and where the same rules can’t realistically be said to apply.
I think Jeremy Clarkson is a loyal, discreet friend, he has charm but he has given every indication of being a thug and a bully and like all bullies when he caught scent of someone he could make his victim he proceeded to make the poor devils life very difficult. I wonder if its the first time Clarkson has taken his drink and his frustrations out on Tymon verbally? Somehow I doubt it. To make it worse Clarkson has been playing to the gallery turning up at Tymons home to apologise? me arse!
I pay no attention to Clarkson calling Tymon an Irish cunt he was drunk and compared to what some Irish call the English its a term of endearment and at least it wasn’t wrapped in semtex.
I wouldn't have sacked Clarkson I’d have noticed that however great a philanderer he maybe and I really don’t know or care, his marriage of twenty years is over and I’d have given some attention and leeway to possible mitigating circumstances. I’d also have issued a very legal and final warning and insisted he go to rehab and counselling.
Top Gear is apparently very popular I don’t know I’ve never watched an episode all the way through. It may be that its best days are over.
Clarkson is clever, intelligent, a talented writer, a popular celebrity and a very rich man. Its likely he has already made plans for the future. Hmm. He did report the fracas himself…..
Oisin Tymon is a lowly producer and not the main one on Top Gear or he wouldn't have been running around trying to sort out a hot meal for anyone. His job is safe at least for the time being it is but it maybe that Top Gear days are numbered I suspect its about to get strong competition.
A sad, bitter little episode, some people may have laughed but I see nothing to laugh at in a man getting sacked even if he is a bully or to his victims abuse of the National Health Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment