A Self Portrait...

04 July 2013

Twilight Frolic

It was when I was about to draw the curtains before letting the dogs out for an evening run.  I looked out of my window  and saw her,  she was skipping, literally skipping along the top of my garden wall.    I had to stop to watch the pleasure she was taking in the twilight, anyway I had to wait I couldn't possibly let the dogs out they would have gone nuts.

The dogs have very specific ideas about what is their territory it includes the fields either side, behind, and across the road from our house.    It definitely includes the road and the old barn which is where this happy and so relaxed lady was headed her long black tail swishing in the breeze.

She is beautiful white with patches of black and that long black tail.   She has babies in the barn and that was where she was headed on this, balmy lazy evening.  She jumped down from the wall,  crossed the road and disappeared into the long grass.

I went out later, a brief stroll before locking up for the night, and as I very quietly passed the barn I just happened to drop some cat food on the ledge.  It was an accident!  Anyone could have done it……

No comments:

Post a Comment