A Self Portrait...

28 July 2013

Morning She Dawdles

Why, she wondered do we always feel safer in daylight? We’re all the same the night is the fear and there’s a tinge of relief when we see each new day dawn.

But are we right? Does not the night conceal us as it conceals everything? Do we not lurk in the shadows afraid of our own, concealing from others equally afraid of their unknown.

Daylight is appearing though its not yet dawn  I opened my door and there were lighter streaks criss crossing the horizon.  I smiled and wondered why was I smiling? Am I relieved I made it through another night?  Is it safer to open a window now or soon? Will I go back to bed and sleep more soundly knowing a stranger could see a strange path?

Ah but the dawn is approaching, taking her time, d’ye ever notice dawn is always ‘she’? ‘She’ is dawdling her way across the horizon, slowly approaching my door and I feel better as though a friend were nearly here.

No comments:

Post a Comment