A Self Portrait...

06 July 2013

Four in the Morning

I was comfortable enough, sitting reading, ploughing through some old stuff, commenting occasionally on some new.  At about 4am I  was disturbed by Jezzie who seems to have developed the habit of going at that time every morning which is the main reason people can rely upon me to know when day breaks.   Ollie is no help he only has to get the hint of a chance in the garden and he's off yapping at the door.

I let them both out and stood watching the sun rise over the mountains it was as it always is beautiful, clean and slightly misty.   This time though there was a slight difference,   I was struck by something in the air it was full of a beautiful smell, fresh, kinda flowery, kinda delicate.  I love that smell.

I've never noticed it before, I don't know where it came from or why I noticed it today, all who know me know that I'm usually up at 4am its not unusual for me to open the door and stroll in the garden as I wait for the dogs.  It doesn't really matter where it came from its enough to know it was there and it was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment