A Self Portrait...

04 July 2015

UNWELL UPDATE – HOW WRONG IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE WITHOUT DYING?

I don’t know but I do know I came close. The reasons I’m so reluctant to go to the doctor or anyone in town are written about throughout this blog so no need at the moment to repeat them here besides I’m not sure how long the strength or concentration will last and I do want to break the duck and get this first attempt at writing since coming home done.
I thought I was getting better genuinely and now obviously seen as part of the delirium. I woke to find myself on the floor thinking of blue berries. I had and still have no idea how I got on the floor all I can say for sure is that it took ages to get up and had to be worked at by crawling to the right spot to be able to lean on something heavy without toppling.
I thought I was getting better surely no one who dreams of blue berries is getting worse right? My sister wonderful girl disagreed. She contacted my cousin wonderful man and he decided to take me straight to the doctor who gave a letter saying admission.
I was quite happy I was getting better! At Mayo General Hospital there was a queue in casualty but not to worry I was put on a trolley and swept right through the crush. Tests started immediately and continued throughout the night. I was duly admitted put on various intravenous drips and swept up to the ward where I was not a good patient.
I was on the ward for a week and a half and all day every day I complained that I wanted to go home. I said and I’m quoting that it was my job to be in their face 24/7 until I went home. I am as some will already know very, very good at being a real pain in the posterior and various other delicate places. Today four days after getting home I did some actual washing up then I went to bed.
Never, ever! Ignore the signs. I will write more later tired now

No comments:

Post a Comment