A Self Portrait...

14 July 2015

Stress Day

Bit of a nerve wracking day first because I had to go to the doctor to get the result of the MRI scan I had last week, that in itself was a cause for concern since doctors don't tell you much over the phone.

Next I was going to get a cab but couldn't so had to walk into town and that was another although minor worry. Its the first time I've walked so far since getting out of hospital I wasn't even sure I could walk that far so I took the walking stick to lean on if needed.

Fortunately the walking stick wasn't needed I strolled into town and on to the doctors surgery with no problems. The doctors surgery was packed and included six children all toddlers and all noisy. I'm not good with children when I'm worried but I managed to conceal my irritation. I was quite pleased with myself! Surgeries are full of sick people and some of us don't like noise when we're worrying.

It was relatively good news. I have this and I have that I also have an abscess and a cyst in unexpected and internal places but there was no dreaded 'C' word. Not a hint of cancer and of course I did ask! I'm back on blood tests but unless I hear differently my next hospital appointment is exactly where it was before the MRI and that has to be good news I think. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment