A Self Portrait...

18 April 2015

We

Done good! Well two of us did. Jezzie it seems has decided she’s not keen on life outside her garden. She graciously allowed herself to be dragged down the road but her attitude was not good and her indifference to the exciting smells of the countryside is better imagined than endured. Tough girl, big bark Maggie definitely thinks that home is the better part of valour. She created a hell of a fuss by dancing circles around me and refusing to move on, which leaves me and Ollie.
Eeh, my handsome old boy was up for a run but I had to be careful. He won’t let me cut his hair which means he gets hot and he’s a wee bit overweight which means he needs to take it easy or it means I think he needs to take it easy. My Ollie is thirteen years old which is not bad for an American Cocker Spaniel and so I thought it would do him good to take a stroll.
Ollie loved it! He strutted his stuff all down the road leaving watery messages every few yards. It was almost embarrassing
The sudden interest in exercise is entirely due to yesterdays horrible walk, as aches subsided and I relaxed I decided I need to walk, regardless of the neighbour from hell and his spawn I have to get some exercise and so that was what the walk today was about. I don’t think it did much good both hip joints are aching now and my feet are reminding me that yesterday is not that long ago.
Still it was a lovely day for a stroll and yes I did see the pervert neighbour and the creature he married. He seems to think I will talk to him or rage at him, and he’s not wrong I very well might but I do have to be choosy. I won’t put an old dog who is going deaf and blind at risk for any satisfaction I might get from telling someone what I think of them besides its not like the oul perv doesn’t know…
The other thing I want to mention is the difference aging makes to slim and fuller figured people I mean this as a general observation. I’ve noticed that as we age the various changes include scrawny. If people remain slim they tend to look scrawny with unusual bits like arms sagging, whoever thought arms could sag but they do and what’s worse is it shows quite a lot.
To my immense satisfaction and no little relief whatever else I do I don’t sag. I protrude much more than I like or than I ever used to but the protrusion doesn’t sag, on the whole I think that’s a good thing but I also think it depends which bit is protruding. I don’t want my bum round my knees but I don’t want anyone resting their shopping on it either.
Oh the joys, reflections and decisions of age on a sunny Saturday it reminds me of a property I saw in town yesterday its semi detached and I admit I did kinda like it.
Did I mention Trixie? She is the reason I curtailed Jezzies walk Trixie was well up for an afternoon stroll but cats are not welcome on the road and she can’t be expected to have proper or any road sense and drivers don’t like to see a cat walking casually along the middle of the road. Its not the first time she’s done this blessed cat I didn’t realise she was outside next time I take the dogs for a walk I will make sure she is locked in!

No comments:

Post a Comment