A Self Portrait...

13 October 2013

Olly

Olly is much better today thanks for asking but last night was very worrying.  He was sick, clearly that's not his fault but he was so ashamed!  I think his guilt made it much harder for him.  He wanted to go into the garden so I let him out, this would be between say 1 and 1.15am. After about ten minutes or so I opened the door to call him, Jezzie ran in but there was no sign of Olly.

I left the door open thinking he would try to slink in unnoticed, did I mention its quite cold in the small hours now?  He didn't.  Torch in hand I went into the garden and peered everywhere.  I couldn't see him.  I went to the back door opened it and again went out to try to see him. He was nowhere to be seen. I left the back door open and returned to the front to see if had materialised there. He had not. Now I left both doors open, it was really quite chilly, and settled to wait.

At about 3am Olly reappeared shivering even more than when he first went out.  I locked all the doors and settled for a night on the sofa watching him.  At about 5am he climbed onto the back of the sofa and let his paw dangle just above my head.This is his favourite alpha male position.

I knew he was feeling better.  He is not a young dog and cocker spaniels are not known for their longevity, but he is much better today and so therefore am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment