A Self Portrait...

12 October 2013

Cronetalk is a State of Mind

Actions caused by strong emotions are very different.  As far as crime is concerned: if a crime is committed there is a case to answer which I think is separate from the emotional reason for committing it although the reason may be taken into consideration if it gets to court.

If there is no crime but there is emotional overload I don’t want to be the one who says stop being silly; you’re on your own. Some may be strong enough to deal with the sense of isolation others almost certainly won’t.

The coward in me wants to run at the mere hint of someone in emotional depths; what could I do?  But there is another part of me that says the least you could do is listen.

Yesterday a woman,  she looked about the same age as me, but even more intellectually challenged than I am approached me to tell me how much she liked my hair.

Can you imagine?  No of course you can’t.  I had left my hair down something I rarely do when I go out, its way past my shoulders now thick and wavy and half a dozen colours all of them mine.  I thought it looked like a gray hell she thought it looked lovely and actually stopped me to say so. I smiled and who wouldn't? I could have brushed her off with less than a sentence some I've no doubt at all would, but for why?  Instead I slowed we chatted for a bit, this lovely childlike woman changed my mood and my day. .

I never want to be the one who rushes by.

---

If someone lied, again, should I call him out it would be easy or should I think of my three good friends two dead one permanently grieving?  I will not take suicide less than seriously if others choose to play another of their sick little games with it that's their choice.  It says quite a lot about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment