A Self Portrait...

07 October 2013

My Fault!

So okay I weakened I admit it I am not a strong individual.  I give in to weakness, to sad looks and soppy kisses particularly when they're from her.

She is elderly now, not strong, a fragile creature with teeth problems.  I swear coming and going we all get teeth problems I don't know why they were ever invented.  She is old skinny and fragile and I weakened, but however weak and soppy I may be, I told my relative when we went shopping that I was not going to cook it for them. No! I was being firm I bought ready cooked chicken in four easy to pull apart pieces.

She is currently purring into the radiator which I thought I might as well switch on this being the time of year when however clammy the days the nights can get chilly and an elderly cat feels the cold.   She is wrapped around the radiator purring like a pneumatic drill and doubtless dreaming of chicken,  Its really surprising how, considering she can only lick in a very disdainful way at her own multi vitamin proper cat food, she yet manages to chew quite large chunks of chicken, she was too greedy to wait while I chopped it into bite size pieces,

The only problem with buying her chicken is the other four insist on  having their share.  Its expensive and time consuming and Olly was so excited waiting for his turn he forgot to bark.   She has been the subject of some debate today.  I say she is eighteen I mean she's my cat I should know!   My relative says she's nearer twenty.  I don't want to think about that, twenty and chicken may not be entirely unconnected.

I'm fine with it.  I am!  I have five well fed animals and herself is happy.  Of course I still had to buy all the regular cat and dog food, they don't look upon chicken as a proper meal.  Its a snack.   I've had enough I'm finishing with this subject right here besides they're all waiting for me to go into the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment