A Self Portrait...

01 October 2013

Liam Adams = Guilty

Has been found guilty of sexually abusing his daughter Aine starting when she was aged five.   I've written about this case previously and I may add links but I'm not sure I should Aine is free now.  She is as she herself said beginning her life at forty and who would want to spoil that beginning by reminding her of the details she wants to forget.   I'm not suggesting for one minute that Aine or anyone of her family or friends would read this only that what I condemn in others I can't in honesty produce here.

Its not necessary to use the facts to further condemn Adams he will be sentenced on the details already known. Maybe his family will stick by him.  If I were his daughter I might not but if I were his brother I would consider it my duty, and to be fair its not possible to stop loving someone we carry on regardless I hope the Adams family do rally round.

Its been said that Liam Adams father was himself an abuser and obviously the impression is that Liam and/or other members of his family were abused, they will know and I hope if its true that will enable them to offer Liam some understanding.  Its hard not to be angry and maybe smug but Liam Adams grew up in a very strange household and we should all think on that before condemning him utterly.

Gerry Adams snr is said to have been a very unpleasant person I feel sorry for his wife and children.   I think they may have suffered in silence for years partly because its what families do, partly because their family is one of those steeped in the ugly roots of the IRA and also because as Gerry jnr rose to prominence it must have been or felt impossible to even raise the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment