A Self Portrait...

12 August 2013

Monday Wash day Blues

That's the laundry fucked.  I was going to do it today I usually do the washing on Monday but its not going to happen today.  Well when I say I do the washing I do put it in the machine and occasionally I might if I'm in the kitchen glance at it to see how its getting on.

Its not getting on at all today because the sky is a dark cloud, the weather woman, I don't like her; bag of bones, on RTE says its going to rain and outside confirms it.  So not washing today.  I have noticed that here in Ireland some people have no problem putting their washing out and leaving it there in the rain.  I don't like that I can't see the point.

In other riveting news there is a slight problem with Trixie.  I've not written much about her before I will put that right sometime soon but not right now.  This occurrence concerns both Pippa and Trixie.   The animals know they are not allowed on the leather because even if I were to throw covers on the chairs the claws would sink through the covers and onto the leather and this I will not have.

Erm, when I say will not I perhaps actually should say would not, times change and Trixie inveigled her way onto the sofa beside me.  The leather sofa is a two seater, I gave the three seater away because the rooms here are not really big enough for so many sofas, and anyway the animals have their own sofa in what was once the dining room.

Aanyway, Trixie likes to sit or lie beside me on the two seater leather sofa and in an act of kindness, I always regret those, I allowed it.  Now Pippa has discovered the joys of lying or sitting beside me on the two seater leather sofa and there are signs of territorial war breaking out on my sofa.   I know I'm going to have to throw them both off but its going to be hard, they're not going to like or understand why something they could do yesterday is not allowed today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment