A Self Portrait...

31 August 2013

I Can do it if I Feel Like it

It was from another place.   It was quick, about five minutes if that.   Some might say its no good, but they would say that if I found an unpublished sonnet by Shakespeare and called it mine.

It reads young and I think that has become part of me, once it was an experiment trying new words see how they felt.  Now I notice I do it all the time on this blog and elsewhere.  I think perhaps its a form of defense keeping everyone from the real me.

It was an exercise I wanted to see if I could do it and sure it lacks the hearts and flowers of some but it doesn't need to be good it was an attempt to find out if, after reading so many written by others, I could even get close.

I think I got close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment