A Self Portrait...

21 August 2013

At it Again!

I was going to write about my big beautiful Trixie but yet again life and Pippa get in the way.

Pippa is a stop out slut, for her the cat door is left open til the small hours because heavens forbid she should be stuck outside all night.   She is a biter and a scratcher.  She hates closed doors and considers anything she wants is hers by right of length of claws and sharpness of teeth.

Pippa is not unaffectionate, she is the sweetest cat, who seems sometimes to think she's a dog.  She is talkative, friendly or more likely indifferent to the other cats and dogs, except Olly, she loves Olly.  He is her favourite she drapes herself around him like an extra layer of clothing.

I digress.   Pippa is also very generous she it is who brings me gifts of mice and this she has done, again. Last night a beautiful clear and very wet night she came home, put her little gift for me down and immediately started to cry in the very different and special way that is real cat conversation, not a meiow at all more feeling and more understandable, because the mouse had legged it under the radiator...There is a mouse in the house, again.

Olly is on the case  he has not stopped crying since the wretched mouse escaped from Pippa.  I can't find it I'm going to have to get the trap out, again.  I may have to resort to poison.   I cannot abide mice in the house.   

No comments:

Post a Comment