A Self Portrait...

24 August 2013

Found Elsewhere

Some rhymes 

Tell the truth and shame the devil,
that’s what she was taught,
little did she know or even give a thought
to the many shapes and sizes
the devil adopts as his disguises…

-----



So they were furious and two stopped by to stare
To make sure that nothing that shouldn't be was on display there
Don’t lie to her you live in fear its why she’s tolerated
She knows enough to shut you down and for that she’s hated
The answer is fuck them, fuck you and to herself be true

-----


D’ye know he must be pushing sixty and very likely more, 

and the silly old scrote was talking  as if he was seriously up for the score

Eh, the wild oats were sown decades ago all he has left is the husk, 

a cruel reminder to the vainest of fools that this one once had a tusk.

The tusk is gone, the hair is too and he hides it as best he can 

and prays no one sees him without the cap and remembers he once was a man.

-----


So you're pissed off with her

So what?
Is she supposed to care
That all you've got 
Is a twisted mind
With no one living there

-----


I wanna live in your arms, wake up to your smile.  

I wanna know that when I get home you’ll be there.
I wanna lay the rug in the garden and lie on it with you 
and watch the stars as we make lazy love all night.

I wanna watch the sky lighten and lick the dew off your shoulders

Moving down as the sun rises and the spirit moves me.
I wanna be able to write like Shakespeare 
so you can know the sonnet that is this love

-----

Witchy, witchy burning bright
In the darkness of the night
The flames do roar
The wind does howl
The cat stares up
at the witch who prowls.

-----

Sweep, sweep beat it clean
Make sure the world knows where its been
Sweep away the arrogance and the pride
Leave them with nothing and nowhere to hide

-----



Oh, my dear anonymous but you have serious form. 
I was not the first nor the last to feel your twisted scorn. 
Oh my dear anonymous, I have copies of them all
and keep them safe should  I ever need to recall. 
The daring do of  gangs swaggering to their fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment