A Self Portrait...

14 August 2016

Maybe Not

Sometimes it seems to me we live our lives in a world of Maybe not adrift from reality but reaching, hoping for Maybe to be suddenly, wonderfully definite. You see Maybe has potential not necessarily for the best or even for the good but there’s a definite possibility in every Maybe.
Thinking back to those long gone days in school when Maybe was quite narrow, we’d pass this, win that, be accepted for something or other, or Maybe we’d all go to the show and meet the Beatles and in my case anyway John Lennon would be immediately smitten! Oh, Maybe!
Leaving school is when Maybe grew up. Maybe another job would pay better or if it didn’t Maybe it had better prospects or was closer to Oxford street in the days when Oxford Street had decent shops and anyway was and as far as I know still is in close proximity to decent shops.
Maybe we were slightly afraid Maybe might not bring what we needed or wanted Maybe isn’t always good. Maybe it would be a failed exam or a failed interview. I remember once throwing a pen across the desk at an interviewer, the pen had bled all over the form I had to fill in and so convinced was I that I hadn’t passed whatever test it was I didn’t care that my anger and frustration were visible. I passed the test and got the job Maybe it was the right time for me at that time.
I wasn’t going to bother with this frivolous little delicacy and then I thought I remember when every day was Maybe something wonderful I loved that I still do but I think the possibilities of Maybe have narrowed considerably.
But, there is still and for as long as we live there will always be Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment