A Self Portrait...

28 February 2016

Home Sweet Home

Is not here. Oh, no, no, no. Preferably its somewhere in Essex England, or if there is absolutely nowhere else it could be in Portaferry, Ballyhalbert, Portavogie or even Dalkey and there is, its still for sale, a rather nice little bungalow in Park Road. And Eamonn, he's so helpful...Reminded me of Sligo, which when I think of what he usually reminds me of is really a very unusual improvement I can't imagine what came over him.

But that's not what I want to talk about at the moment. I mean I can talk about Eamonn anytime its not like he or I are going anywhere. Yet.

No, can't be arsed with him at the minute or with the poor, almost sensitive republican I actually took pity on a few years ago. He would be the one who specifically asked did I believe Jean McConville had been tortured. The truth is if being dragged away from your crying children, forced into a car, driven who knows where and with no idea of what's happening to the children or who's looking after them, no one was, isn't torture what is it? 


Of course the republican meant racks, thumbscrews, fists and so on, and no I didn't remind him of the many and varied ways there are to torture people I'm sure he knows. I felt sorry for him because he seemed to need to believe and as everyone knows I am the very last person to burst bubbles. But enough of that! Its not the IRA or threats I want to talk about today their time will come.

Its about my kitchen sink it gets on my nerves, well I say kitchen but really its just a scullery with totally undeserving airs and graces. Whatever else in the way of housework I don't do anymore and there's a lot, I rarely leave dirty crockery in the sink for long, not because I think its unsightly, in this house it could be an improvement, no the reason is very simply if I leave stuff in the sink the sink gets blocked. It doesn't seem to be able to take the weight of anything more than a cup  or two at most. I miss my dishwasher.

I hate this house and that is all I want to say - for now

No comments:

Post a Comment