A Self Portrait...

14 August 2017

Its so Long

Since I cooked a roast dinner and I think its longer since I cooked cabbage (I'm in Ireland...) but today I did it and it is as they say like falling off a log How comes back to you as you peel and chop and shred.

Naturally I cooked chicken which I hasten to add is not for me the Chicken is for cats and dogs I'm having the vegetarian option. I had forgotten how much I like hot cabbage water I expect most people know what it tastes like but if you haven't tried it do its one of the best things about cabbage and when we were children we were told its good for us, so how can you go wrong.....

As far as I'm concerned its impossible to cook a roast dinner for one person and the good thing about that is I have plenty for bubble tomorrow and there is also plenty of chicken for cats and dogs.

Funny how a trip down memory lane improves your mood, provided its the right lane, and no I haven't forgotten Terry Pratchett I will return to the evil little runt in due course...

No comments:

Post a Comment