A Self Portrait...

24 August 2017

Few Things

I can think of few things more hurtful, heartbreaking than for someone, anyone to write a book, all the hundreds of pages and chapters of it, and have it declined by publishers, sometimes over and over again.

It doesn't matter what the story is or the subject, in each and every case a book is the outpouring of the author, published or not, bestseller or not is irrelevant. Someone put everything they had into their writing, their book! And then had to endure publishers refusal.

Thank goodness self publishing has grown to be very successful because I suspect the number of publishers who know what they're talking about is minus something.

I wish all, well most, writers luck in their efforts may they be successful and live happily ever after.

It says chapter thirty. I haven't read it so I don't have an opinion on good or bad and I don't know if it was published or if it was if it was a success. All I know is it has a feel in my mind at least of failure about it.

It seems to continue as this post is beginning to in a section from time to time I ask myself is it me, am I depressed and transferring my depression onto something completely removed from both me and depression, and does it matter.

Part of me thinks it should matter all who write alone for love of writing should matter because the world recognises only successful writers and authors and that matters. many writers confine their efforts to what they think, hope will be attractive to publishers, what that means is many books are clones of the last big hit, that means there is a lack of individuality, a lack of adventurism 

No comments:

Post a Comment