A Self Portrait...

02 May 2016

Just Saying

In England I used the same mini cab company/driver for years I don’t know why I did it was probably a combination of habit and convenience I suppose. I never thought about it I just called a cab and it was always fine.
In Ireland it seems if you use the same cab on a regular basis some driver/s start to think they’re doing you a favour even though they get paid each trip. A mini cab, and this applies wherever you live, is not a friend its a convenience and although its usually friendly on the part of customer and driver it is still a paid for service. No minicab driver does you a favour although I should say that in the nature of things some of them must help some people however infrequently it occurs.
I was thinking of that today as I walked back from town. I wasn’t in a good mood and this is no fault of any driver I simply forgot or didn’t know that today is a Bank Holiday and so having walked into town I then walked back without completing the reason for going. I wanted to go to the bank its the only reason I went to town and the bank was shut. Oh dear how pissed off am I.
I think I must have  been in Ireland for about seven or eight years, who keeps track when its such fun, and in all that time I’ve never learned the dates of Bank Holidays.why should I Bank Holidays mean nothing to me now except when the bank is shut. All the way home I was kicking myself because of course making such a silly mistake means I have to go to town again and to be honest I’m getting a bit of a thing about going to town and about calling for a minicab.
I’ve no more to say on the subject it was a wasted journey and I’m fed up of the knowing looks, but once again I did get a lift the last few yards home for which I’m very grateful He is a kindof distant neighbour and like most of my neighbours he and his wife are very nice people.

No comments:

Post a Comment