A Self Portrait...

17 May 2016

Feet!

Toes, specifically toe nails. Anyone who uses a shower instead of a bath must be aware that feet are the toughies to actually wash. One has to kneel to ensure feet are properly clean, which is fine but not in my humble...opinion satisfactory. Be honest how many of us love to soak our feet in a hot tub? I do and to that end I have a thingummy bowl that has a motor of some sort which when plugged in causes the water in the bowl to splash about and which is said to be relaxing. I can't be sure because I've never plugged it in. How many of us would plug water into the electric and then put our feet in it?

I don't know the answer to that and it makes no difference I have no intention of trying it. But the bowl is sort of foot shaped and is for soaking ones feet and relaxing.

I never relax when my feet are in the bowl, ever. On my mind and over ruling any desire to simply sit back and read a book is the thought of what happens next because what happens next is always toe nails. I don't hate toe nails, its not like I'm the only one who has them, but they are not easily dealt with, not at my age.

As we age bending becomes not so much harder as almost impossible and the thing about cutting toe nails is it can't, unless we get someone else to do it and I wouldn't give that idea houseroom, be done without bending our backs. I'm sixty six my lower back has given up doing anything I want it do. It doesn't so much shriek defiance as refuse to co-operate and bend and that means I'm at full stretch trying to make the scissors stretch even further and as most of us know unlike finger nails toe nails are not easy to cut. It actually takes a certain amount of physical agility and a hint of strength to do it.

My finger nails are easy to reach and because they're quite long easy to cut, my toe nails are harder to reach and because they're quite short and made of some diamond resistant alloy are the devil of a job to cut.

As soon as I have anything else to worry about and I have quite a lot to worry about at the moment things seem to conspire to harass me, phones, deliveries, letters, housework, feet and toe nails and so far the worst by a country mile are toe nails.

How is that possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment