A Self Portrait...

05 February 2015

My Own - The Crone from Elsewhere



Do you know its possible to look a a house and know in your bones that from both ends it would be impossible to enjoy living there.

If its too small its a non starter you have to be able to breath and stretch and meander and dream. If on the other hand its too big its impossible because you would be too busy cleaning, scrubbing, polishing to have time to breath and stretch and meander and dream.

I used to clean on a good day I still clean some stuff but not much. Its reached the stage where every house I look at is partially judged on how easy would it be to clean? I’m out of the habit do you see and I’m not sure I can get it back. I’m almost certain I would pay a cleaner just so I know someone would do it if I didn't and of course a sure fire way to do your own cleaning is to employ a cleaner!

Windows are different I never met a window you didn't have to climb to clean. Its never been a problem wherever I’ve lived window cleaners have been plentiful, until I moved here and as far as I know the breed simply does not live in Ireland they probably escaped to somewhere civilised just as I in all my sincerely and bitterly regretted innocence was moving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment