A Self Portrait...

25 December 2014

I Cooked Chicken

Again. I did consider alternatives, everything from salmon to beef to giving up and going oriental for Christmas dinner. I couldn't bring myself to do it all my life I've had turkey for Christmas but I couldn't bring myself to go as far as turkey either.

A turkey is too big for one person, a crown would be OK but that would leave cats and dogs with no treat at Christmas dinner: we all have to have a special Christmas dinner. I decided on chicken because chickens are so much smaller and still  have the legs and wings that the cats and dogs eat and I don't, and by pure coincidence Herself loved chicken best and she will have been gone a full three sad months tomorrow.

So chicken it was but I have I admit it made a mistake. I should have given them their main meal first, that's what I should have done. I didn't do that, instead they've been wolfing chicken as fast as I can cut it. and now I know they won't eat their dinner not because they're not hungry but because a tin of proper cat and dog food can't and won't be compared to chicken, they'll be trying to look half starved all night.

I'm not sure if good news is being signaled or if its more threats but tis the season to be hopeful so I'm hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment