A Self Portrait...

27 December 2014

A Shrine a Day

Is something I've never created or used. I used to have an altar I had two one in my bedroom and one in the garden. I stopped not because I didn't believe in them both are my creations they contain whatever I endowed. No, I stopped using them because I felt my space had been invaded I was no longer comfortable and since neither are essential to belief I stopped.

I used to create the circle I stopped that when I stopped creating the altars. In a way it has been no hardship an altar is not for the Gods or the deities its for us to allow us to focus. The Gods don't need it and whilst I agree that if you create a shrine to them in what you imagine is their image and they should happen to glance at it and see something they dislike or consider incomplete then there might be a small accident and who knows it might be them letting you know you need to get such homage right.

Its not about shrines or altars its about what you bring to them that can't be bought in a shop or created on a bench and you need to ask yourself if a shrine as big as a shoe box and crammed in a smallish room with so many other shrines is what you want to do to honour your Gods.

I'm no expert all I know is what I've read and what I believe and what I believe is that its what you give of yourself that counts not what you put on a stool or a sideboard.

You also need to stop worrying about what others think of what you do or how you do it! You're an expert in your field and a very good historian, time you became more exclusive. Be exclusive become the one they seek.

Having said all that you play with fire when you bring children or extravagant unworkable ideas into things. Where children are concerned I don't give a fuck who you are when you post a picture albeit a drawing of a child being buggered by a devil you go too far, and when you advise that going naked is best and more fun in a world where such behaviour in general public is likely to get the exhibitionist arrested you are possibly putting young, naive people at risk and that too is going too far.; .

No comments:

Post a Comment