A Self Portrait...

15 November 2013

Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law!



I'm going to get one of those swish cameras the ones that let you load the pictures onto the laptop and when I do that I will take a picture of what's going on behind me. This will not be of interest to any of the usual pervs its only of interest to me and possibly anyone who likes to see a perfectly harmless rapidly aging woman being bullied by her cat. Pippa, as anyone who knows me knows, is a bully and a thug she bullies her much bigger sister unmercifully or she does unless the subject is food in which case she feigns contempt for such boring essentials.

This time the battle is being fought out over and on a chair.  I've posted a picture of her evicting Ollie from this particular chair. Some thick as shit unmentionable mentioned the chair as though it had some sort of snob appeal.  It doesn't it has long been Pippas chair and she does not care for snobbery, no aristocrat does, nor does she care for takeover or rather take back bids.

I have been busy moving furniture, these days it takes me longer and I have to be careful not to damage the fragile back but!  I decided it had to be done so done it has been. It involved moving the chair. I can't think why I didn't realise there would be a power struggle. The truth is it never even crossed my mind. I moved the chair to its new home in my spare bedroom come study not even giving a thought to the evil little squatters claim to territory.

Pippa doesn't mind the chairs new home which funnily enough is behind my desk. This would be the desk with my laptop on it. I need to use the desk because I sometimes use more than one piece of technology, the laptop and the net book fit easily on the desk neither is comfortable on my lap.

Aanyoldhow this has resulted in Pippa laying siege to almost all of the seat of the chair.  I'm reduced to perching on the edge and if I make a sudden or indeed any move even to get off the damn chair she counter attacks by running up my back. I don't like it!

I will take a picture and see just how triumphant is the look on her face. I'm not giving in and changing chairs. I'm not!

No comments:

Post a Comment