A Self Portrait...

13 April 2016

I Watched Three

Not all the way through of course but I did give them a go, there's something funereal about solid black curtains.

The table and chairs were nice.

I don't for one moment believe the shows, I'm going to call them shows, were done in a big posh studio and that could be a very good thing.

I think the idea is for a sense of intimacy, I don't know probably I lack experience in these matters but I think black curtains are to conceal rather than reveal or establish a sense of intimacy. I don't believe anything intimate has ever happened behind black curtains except possibly during the blackouts in world war two.

What's wrong with a study? Not everyone has a study but almost any room can be made to look like a study and a couple of men having a chat and a glass of something that might be alcohol could be an invitation to relax and enjoy. Cranberry juice can look very like red wine and almost anything can look like whisky or gin.

And that's it for the setting I strongly recommend a change of scene.

I realise some people take a long, a very long time to understand what friendly is but it should be possible for adults to have a conversation without making it sound like an interrogation.

As I understand it the trick to a good interview is to get the person being interviewed to relax enough to drop certain restraints and inhibitions, to do that the interviewer must relax and create the appearance and sense of relaxation and that's a toughie but its important. 

I could say more but do you know I'm still reluctant to deliberately wound. I must get over that, but evidently its not going to happen today, unless I'm goaded. and after all I did like the documentary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment