A Self Portrait...

30 May 2013

Speghetti



Speghetti Bolognese easy, right..

I had visitors and being a rare and beautiful day in Ireland I thought we could maybe loll about in the garden even eat out there if the evening stayed warm.

I prepared the bolognese no problem. I do a nice bolognese and that’s the hard bit, the actual inspiration goes into the bolognese I mean anyone can throw speghetti into a pot, right.

Next I did a light salad side dish. No first course. Its a thing I don’t like first courses. A nice light salad on a bed of green and the guests could help themselves.

I was all ready, smiling, dressed, happy as a pig in shit I was. I decided to put the kettle on boil the water for the speghetti and I put the stove on with the speghetti so the water would not go off the boil as I poured it over the speghetti and into the pot.


So far so good and then I wandered into the garden to make sure the sun was still shining, the wind wasn’t too bad and that generally speaking nature was behaving itself.

You see I didn’t want to cook, if that’s the right word, the speghetti until my friends arrived speghetti doesn’t take long and it takes even less time to spoil. I just wanted it to be ready.

I was chatting to my dogs warning them of the consequences of sitting under the table and pawing laps and the fate worse than death that would await them if they tried to pinch anything off the table.

I returned to the kitchen and that is when I noticed it. The smell of burned speghetti is unmistakable.

The friends arrived walking into the kitchen started laughing. I shooed them into the garden, gave them a glass of wine and collapsed in a heap of laughter and fury. And no that is not a picture of my speghetti mine was worse than that. It was a kind of hard spiky stuff on the bottom of the pot. Fortunately I had another pot and more speghetti.

The meal was great the conversation very relaxed and if imo it was centred on speghetti well that’s speghetti bolognese for ye.

It would help if I could spell Spaghetti wouldn't it. I'm not going to change it serve me right and shows the mood I was in.....

No comments:

Post a Comment