A Self Portrait...

09 May 2013

Early One Morning

I was woken by the sound of a dog whimpering. I tried to ignore it the dogs always try it on. The whimpering continued I couldn't get back to sleep. I lay looking at the ceiling for about a minute then throwing the duvet off I stormed out of my bedroom down the hall and stopped.

There apparently lying on the bed was Ollie and he was looking all worried and whimpering. I took a deep breath preparatory to releasing the outraged scream I could feel climbing up my throat and stopped.

I peered through sleep rimmed eyes and evaluated the scene. Ollie was trapped. He had somehow managed to get himself stuck between the bed and the wall. I stopped

I smiled at his predicament and pulled the bed away that he might run, which he did and with considerable speed, tripping over his own legs in his haste to get away from the terrible trap. He landed in a heap at the front door and lay watching me. I stopped

And I almost, well alright I kind of, scolded him. It was probably my fault I must have forgotten or not closed the door to the spare bedroom properly could he really be blamed for that? I opened the door and let him run. Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment