A Self Portrait...

21 November 2015

To Our Very Good Health

All of us that is not just the relatively few who are lucky to always enjoy good health and good spirits

I don't want to go deep delving but I do want to say everyone has bad times and that includes me I've had my share but I don't want to make this about me that's narcissism. I only want to say that its possible very few of us have not been there.

The trick if it is a trick is to know that almost all things pass and those that don't can be made to pay.

I mean that in a general not personal sense. Illness, weakness teach their own lessons and when we recover one of them is maybe that we should be more considerate of the health and weakness of others.

Age also teaches us and one of the first things we should learn and rarely do until its almost too late is that physical age is irrelevant to intelligence, wisdom and empathy. Its even irrelevant to some maybe most experiences. Joy is still joy when we're seventy and grief is no less when we're seven.

There is a part of me that wants to grab someone by the neck and shake like a rag doll until they see sense but there is another part and that part says: first do no harm.

Blessings if you should pass this way may your God/s be with you and may you not stretch yourself too thin in their worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment