A Self Portrait...

14 September 2013

No More!

Right!  That's it I've made a decision:  I'm not going to buy chicken again, ever.  Its not worth it and its not as if I like it that much.  This week I bought chicken for the first time in a couple of years, that doesn't include the precut pieces of chicken I buy for herself.   This is proper chicken what you cook in the oven.  I always roast chicken/turkey with butter not oil or lard so there is another reason not to buy it.

Aaanyhow, being eager for some roast chicken I cooked the first piece on Tuesday evening and I've been paying for that little mistake ever since.  Olly has decided to up sticks and camp outside the fridge door and herself has decided she won't eat the tasty, and expensive, chicken bits I buy just for her, apparently the chicken bits are not as moist, nor do they have the jelly that properly roasted chicken develops when its put in the fridge.

My life is a shambles it revolves around which tasty little morsel herself might fancy closely followed by which less favoured bit might be counted upon to pacify the rest of them.   I didn't eat much of the chicken.  The thing about cooking for five is that by the time you've fed the other four you're actually not hungry and in fact food of any description tends to look a bit, well, nauseating...I would say vomit inducing but sure we all know where that led.

No comments:

Post a Comment