A Self Portrait...

25 October 2019

Almost a Week

The loss of Maggie also known as Bubsy is as painful as it was a week ago I/We Jezzie and I miss her more than I can say.

Yesterday I went to town, a dead and alive hole with more shops shut down than open. I had to go to get 20.00 Euro for the vet and guess who forgot to get the cash...

Yep, no matter what I don't change but to be fair I had things on my mind. First I don't blame the driver who killed Maggie but I do wonder why when they had a full, clear view of the road and what passes for curbing, the driver chose not to beep, slow down or stop not even to commiserate when they killed a tiny dog who had never received good or even decent treatment from any Irish person. I was given Maggie by someone who rescued her from an abusive life threatening situation. If only he knew the poor little girl would be dead in only four years.

Also not exactly on my mind but skimming the edges of it was a conversation, if it can be called that, I had with the one who kindly gave me a lift into town. I was and am grateful a ride into town  is a rare occurrence but the conversation was odd, close to peculiar for the driver seemed to think I had once given the impression of wealth and I don't know where or what can have given him such an idea. I became a pensioner within a year of arriving in Ireland and I have been a pensioner ever since, nor is it a big pension just the usual bog standard British pension so probably not as much as the Irish state pension  He seemed to think it funny I don't care but nor do I think it particularly funny there is nothing funny about living on a state pension. Oh well.

 Maybe its me being over sensitive or maybe my one time thought of selling this house and buying another is what may have given him and perhaps others the idea that I must be rich. Who knows and who cares. My hope now is to get another dog not a young fliberty gibbet an older dog of maybe 5 or 6 would be perfect for me and Jezzie Pippa will acclimatize... 

No comments:

Post a Comment