A Self Portrait...

17 June 2017

I Have a Mild Aversion

To 06.00 or six am I have an aversion to it in any language and any time zone. For more years than I care to remember it was the time I got up, showered, dressed, had a cup of tea and went to work. 06.00 is not a time I awake by choice.

So I was a wee bit irritated to be awoken at the hated hour by the continual, woeful, very loud and very unusual yowling of Trixie. Trixie was not being polite, there was no hint of a subtle I'd like to go out, there was instead a non stop continuous yowl.

She woke us all. I was about to give in and let her out when I just happened to look out of the window - and there he was - bold as brass, completely unafraid and just mildly curious. Both dogs went nuts.

Pippa watched with great disdain from her side of the window ledge and Trixie yowled and headed for the door. I did not let her out.Nor did I succumb to the non stop furious barking of Jessie and Maggie. This was I thought definitely a case of discretion being the better part of valour.

The absolutely adorable and beautiful ginger, real ginger not that shabby yellow of the cats we so often see, sat on his side of the window ledge and stared at us. Evidently he was curious, not ferociously so, just having a gawk through the window as other neighbours have been known to do without getting their ears bitten and their eyes scratched out...

He, I've decided he is a he even if a very young and potentially foolhardy he, definitely a he, and he is welcome! I'd like to think he has been neutered but I really doubt it.

After a minute or two, he was in no rush...he got bored and jumping down wandered off into the nether reaches and weeds of what passes for my garden. I glared at the barking dogs, told Trixie and Pippa they could not go out and went back to bed. Smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment