A Self Portrait...

10 March 2017

I Have to go to Town

I must. Its not a choice and its not a whim. I must go to town to get my prescription, there are no arguments I. Must. Go. To. Town.

I hate the very idea of it. The walk is no longer interesting it is long and arduous and I resent it. More than that I am beginning to find it difficult and I really, really hate that. There is no way in the world not even the wettest boggiest day of the year, yesterday for example, when the road to town could be described as a stroll along a beach. It is increasingly dangerous and unpleasant. Or it is to me because I don't want to go to town and I must.

One reason of course is Cats Club I did think about ordering it from Amazon but would you believe Amazon charge more for it than the supermarket does and the post charges are astronomical! I didn't order from Amazon.

So, here I am I must go to town and I know that even though I don't actually need Cats Club I will be unable to resist buying three or six tins for the girls. We no longer have a boy and I miss Ollie more than I can say.

But! Yesterday I had a stroke of luck my very nice neighbour walked by, naturally we had a brief chat and being me I mentioned Cats Club. I didn't mean to sound as though I wanted him to get it for me. I really hope I didn't sound as though I did. I was just whinging about going to town knowing I would weigh myself down with Cats Club on the way home. Thinking about it I may have sounded as though I wanted him to go and get the cats food.

I hate myself! I didn't have to go to town for cat food I have cat food. I have to go to town for my prescription and because I am weak I know I will buy the wretched cat food while I'm there and breathlessly drag it all the way home.

And naturally, being me, I didn't have enough cash to pay my neighbour for the Cats Club I did check and three euros will not do, so a need to go to the hole in the wall is added to my prescription. It can only be put off for so long. I must go to town.

And, I am very grateful to my nice, kind neighbour and so are the cats or they would be if they ever gave a thought to anything but Cats Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment